In July 2019, Foley Auctioneers advertised on behalf of Owr Construction the site as being for sale with “full planning permission granted for 4 Large Homes”. See:
The adverts include two low-resolution photos, copied below:
A few immediate comments:
- The planning permission is not marked as finalised on MCC website – although probably not a major obstacle
- The asking price is multiple times the price paid by Gus Whelan, MD of Owr for the site. [Will double check exact figures and update]
- An extraordinarily high price for such small site – a peak of the market bubble with icing?!
- Very huge premium compared to other local properties on larger plots.
- Opportunity for local residents to contact potential buyers and explain our concerns over proposed plans
We received a letter today from An Bord Pleanála. I’m afraid it’s very bad news, they have granted permission for Owr to construct the proposed three-storey building on the site. An appalling and almost believable decision – judicial appeal next? A scan of the letter is here: ABP Decision – Seagrave
MCC and Owr/Construction have submitted additional information to An Bord Pleanala. ABP have therefore given us the opportunity to do the same. The letter can be found here: ABP Decision – Seagrave Appeal-RA180833 Final 121018 DP. It is hopefully a good summary of the serious concerns of local residents.