In July 2019, Foley Auctioneers advertised on behalf of Owr Construction the site as being for sale with “full planning permission granted for 4 Large Homes”. See:
The adverts include two low-resolution photos, copied below:
A few immediate comments:
- The planning permission is not marked as finalised on MCC website – although probably not a major obstacle
- The asking price is multiple times the price paid by Gus Whelan, MD of Owr for the site. [Will double check exact figures and update]
- An extraordinarily high price for such small site – a peak of the market bubble with icing?!
- Very huge premium compared to other local properties on larger plots.
- Opportunity for local residents to contact potential buyers and explain our concerns over proposed plans